FCC Basic Algorithm..Title Case a Sentence(Return the provided string with the first letter of each word capitalized)

Am So So proud and happy to find a solution by myself for the challenge but FCC keep says error am getting a correct output when i debug at visual studio code.
here my solution

function returnCapitilize(givenString){
let myarry=givenString.split(" “);
let result=”";
for(let i=0;i<myarry.length;i++){
result=result+" "+ myarry[i][0].toUpperCase()+(myarry[i].slice(1,myarry[i].length)).toLowerCase();
}
return result;
}

What error are you getting?

at Free code Camp when i run the test it only give right icon for returning string all the reset give me red x icon …does that min we only give the code only way the right it??Test my code

I found your bug. Make sure you remove all the white spaces before and after the result. A useful function is: trim() which works for strings.

Basically you have an extra space at the beginning of the result string. That’s coming from the code which is inside the for loop -> result+" "+...

the reason why i add white space is to be read like If
givenString=“my name is kumenger” with out the space the out put is MyNameIsKumenger but with the space it will be My Name Is Kumenger…

I understand, and that’s ok. But it adds an extra space in front and it becomes: " My Name Is Kumenger".

Use the .trim() function on the result when you return it, and it’ll work fine!

1 Like

Thank you bro just works like a Charm well done passed it.Wowo.it feels so good find things on my way .Thank you now all Right icons

function titleCase(givenString){
let myarry=givenString.split(" “);
let result=”";
for(let i=0;i<myarry.length;i++){
result=result+" "+ myarry[i][0].toUpperCase()+(myarry[i].slice(1,myarry[i].length)).toLowerCase();
}
return result.trim();
}

1 Like

Yes, the feeling is amazing when you accomplish something! Well done @kumenger!

Keep up the good work! :smiley: