FCC LA Introduction Thread

Hey everyone!
I wanted to kick off an introduction thread and get to know some of you.
To give an example I thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Omar, I’ve finished the Front End course in FCC and have been programming for about 5 years now. I started out with iOS programming, specifically Objective C and then went on to FCC and JS. I am currently a Full Stack JS dev and work in the LA area at a marketing company. I love helping out the FCC group and talking to devs about everything and anything. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me and I hope I get to see some of you at our meetups soon!

1 Like

Hi Omar,

I’m located in LA aswell, and have been looking thru the USA meetup section every few days and haven’t seen or heard of any LA meetup. Do you know if FCC has any community or following in LA? Thanks :smiley:

@comhernandez28 Hi Omar, I’m Lituo and I just started FCC in April in the hopes of an eventual career change. Joined the Slack and Meetup groups! Looking forward to meeting some fellow campers in person.

Hey Brad!
Yes I run the FCCLA Meetups here. I’ve been on a hiatus and am actively looking for leaders to step up and help with the community.
Here is the meetup group for LA: https://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Official-freeCodeCamp-Meetup/

1 Like

Nice to meet you!
You are more than welcome to use the slack and meetup groups to communicate with fellow devs in LA. I am also always available if you need help!
I will plan another event soon enough!

2 Likes

Awesome thanks, I’ll have to check it out :smiley:

1 Like

hello guys! is this thread still active?

Hey Erick!
I’m around yes, feel free to start new thread topics if needed, like I said we also hang out on slack most of the time