FCC Maintenance

It was beta.freecodecamp.com
Im not sure if it is still up. It appears they migrated the beta site to the main site.

So…are we going to see that beta version after maintenance?

beta.freecodecamp.org is either already gone or will be by the end of the day. Beta testing is over.

What you see at freecodecamp.com now was the beta site prior to todays maintenance.

I’m so excited. I can’t wait…

I have never seen the beta version but anything new is good so I don’t care if I wait some days for it…

Another user here who was (a couple of days ago) part way through the Front End course, but now unable to access the Map or view my past progress. “Go to your next challenge” takes me back to “Hello world”.

Also, the site keeps logging me out. I’ve had to check my email for validation codes multiple times.

I didn’t see any advance warning of this massive change.

The authentication problems have already been explained.
There was a year of build-up to this change.

I started using this site two weeks ago. It wasn’t mentioned in any of the introductory material I saw.

1 Like

Wait, so our progress won’t be saved? I thought that you were setting database up…

There has been discussion about it at least once per day here on the forum (usually closer to three or four times).
Applications don’t typically have a notification saying ‘by the way, there will be an update sometime in the next few weeks’, but if you looked at the map in FCC at any point you would have seen “coming soon” in several places.

If you scroll up about half a page, you’ll see that your progress is still on your account and just isn’t showing up on the new site yet.

Well, I didn’t sign in since it was obvious that the progress is lost anyway according to the people here…

The beta testing platform and its user database was always going to be temporary. The accounts associated with freecodecamp.org were always going to be permanent. Right now everything looks screwy, but the FCC accounts are still there and all data associated with them is preserved.

Well, good luck at setting stuff up for the complete upgrade…looking forward to it.

Having looked at the Map frequently I saw several ‘coming soon’ sections on it. Nothing about a total restructure let alone the disappearance of the Map itself. But by all means keep telling us how great this is.

Anyone having trouble getting the “Introduction to Basic HTML and HTML5” item checked off?

1 Like

Yeah. Those won’t check off at all for me. I was wondering if they’re just not supposed to, since they’re not really tasks?

all the previous data is either deleted or not correctly migrated correctly…oops fcc!!!

@gauravrock