FCC not working

Hello everyone. FCC isn’t working for me.
I’m on CSS right now and notice my progress bar won’t go further than 83. I have completed the second outline in CSS (the longest one) but the progress bar is stuck at 83%. When I am in a part of the course, at the top of my browser a dialogue box pops up stating I appear to be offline and my progress may not be saved. And indeed, it does not anymore. No checkboxes on courses I complete from now on.
When I go to settings and try to change anything (can’t even set a username or switch dark mode), this error comes: Something is not quite right. A report has been generated and the freeCodeCamp.org team have been notified.

Help please? My progress has been temporarily halted

1 Like

Update: I am able to work on FCC on my mobile without any issues. Switched browser to firefox but the issue still persists. Coding on cell isn’t an option as the experience is not the same.

1 Like

Which Operating System are you using ?

1 Like

Windows 10
Browsers tried: Edge chromium/Firefox/Opera
Did a system restore to some point in time yesterday. No issues till then but its still not working.

1 Like

Try using other computer with your login.

1 Like

Hostelite having a single occupancy. No other computer I can use. I tried to work around on my cell phone and it did work though

1 Like

Restart and see if it work

1 Like

I have tried everything basic (including the restart). I can’t figure out the nature of this issue. Its clearly not server side (as it works on my phone). Cleared my cache and browser data too.

1 Like

Hmmmm
Try using Chrome

2 Likes

Hi @shahzaib776. This might be because of your browser’s extensions. Do you have any ad blockers, dark mode extensions, etc. installed in your browser? If yes, please disable them and try again.

Waiting for your follow up.

Hi @paulsonstech
I’ve disabled all installed extensions (I was running ublock origin earlier)
Issue still persists

1 Like

Try a different Brower

1 Like

Then, this may be a bug or an issue with your internet connection? Did you try changing the internet connection? That will change your IP address and may solve the problem.

If the issue still persists, please contact the moderators.

1 Like

@codely I have tried 3 different browsers. Not working.

1 Like

Contact moderators.

As @paulsonstech Say.
I can’t figure out the problem.
May the moderators know it.

1 Like

Seems like you didn’t try Chrome. Try it.

Did you try changing the internet connection as I said?

2 Likes

Switching the connection around worked
Thanks!

1 Like

Wow! Glad to hear that! The reason it worked is because when you switch the connection, your computer’s IP address will change. Sometimes, some internet providers block some websites. This has happened to me also that when I try to enter some websites, I can’t. Then, when I change the connection, I can.

Always Happy to Help!

1 Like

Cheers bud
And yes. It was an issue with university wifi’s IP address. A simple look on projecthoneypot told me our wifi was being used for malicious activities. No wonder I’m getting flagged by cloudflare on almost every website I visit!

1 Like