Feedback - Build a Tribute Page

Hey, I made my first responsive web design project. Would like to hear from y’all so that I can improve my HTML and CSS. Thanks in advance.

Also, fCC’s test popup isn’t showing up on my screen, so I don’t really know how many tests have I passed.

1 Like

Hello! Good job :slight_smile:
I’d like to give some advice to make it better.
For image and image caption you can achieve a better result with the figure and figure caption tags figure - figure caption example
For the article tag, I think here is not needed because they are sections which don’t have a relation with each other(like different links to different posts), however, here it is enough p as the main subject is the bio so they are related. Article example

Hey, thanks for your feedback. At first, I did use the figure and figure caption tags but on the fCC’s curriculum they stated to only use the div tag.
Also, the test suites are not appearing on my screen, so I don’t actually know how many tests I’ve passed.

Welcome back @sxnaprkhr. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

The reason you don’t see the tests on your page is because you’ve added the test script to the head element. The test script is JavaScript. It should be just above the closing body tag.
You should notice the hamburger menu in codepen because it’s forgiving. Btw, you’ve passed all the tests.

1 Like