Feedback for First Project- Tribute Page

So I’ve created this Tribute Page it looks good to me but i feel like my code is not neat that quote i red somewhere keeps floating in my mind “Just because it works doesn’t mean it is right way to write it”. So please give feedback and advice.
My Project : https://codepen.io/mdshariq/full/oNxOeWZ

2 Likes

10/10 the font and the picture are good … Good job.

Thank You :innocent:

Welcome to the forums @mdshariq. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

Thank you @Roma for your feedback. I didn’t know that test script should be kept while submitting the project i thought it was just for us to test before we submit the project , I’ve added the script back into project and i red the Web Accessibility in Mind article about hyperlinks so I’ve changed the color of link to stand out and added the underline on hover i think that’s enough to make “wikipedia entry” more accessible but if not please let me know. Thank you once more :blush:

If someone is using a screen reader, “wikipedia entry” is not going to make any sense. That was the point the articles were making. If using a screen reader is because eyesight is limited so color doesn’t help. And what if the device used doesn’t have a mouse with which to hover?

Yes makes sense to keep the text decoration to default so i have changed it, but i still don’t understand why won’t the text “wikipedia entry” make sense even the sample project of FCC had the same text for hyperlink.

The samples are just samples, one way to do project. And we shouldn’t copy the samples.

I’m not saying what you have is incorrect. I’m trying to get you to think about making a page that’s accessible to everyone. A screenreader does not read every word on the page. Maybe it’s just set up to read links. What sense would it make to just hear “wikipedia entry”?

@mdshariq You’re project looks nice! I did mine on Chadwick as well. I like the font you chose and the top picture. You should make the link to the Wikipedia page accessible. For example instead of what you have, you can change it to " If you have time, you should read more about this incredible human being on Chadwick’s Wikipedia Page." You’d put Chadwick’s Wikipedia Page as the link. That way when a screen reader reads it out loud to a person with vision issues, they will know what the link is right away and where it is going to take them.

Ohh i get it now :sweat_smile: my knowledge about screen readers is awfully limited :roll_eyes: . I’ll change the link to something more sensible and will also review the Applied Accessibility section of course. Thank you @Roma for all the explanation.

@Nikki360PDX Thank you :innocent: that makes a lot more sense than what i have right now. I’ll change the link text to Chadwick’s Wikipedia Page. And your project also looks nice and is much more informative.