Feedback for Survey Challenge please

Hey there! This is my official second challenge and second code I have written… ever lol.
All feedback is appreciated! Especially the pointing out of any errors or layout problems you notice :-):smiley:

https://codepen.io/malthouse88/pen/JQoNqw

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:

I like the result. Looks like you’ve put lots of effort into it. Great job! That’s very important. Spending time doing your best is definitely going to teach you a lot about coding.

Suggestions

Start thinking about separating the CSS away from the HTML into its own file. My personal suggestion is to start this now since that’s the way you’ll do it in the future.

Also, think about how organization and spacing can help make your code more readable. If you haven’t already, I’d get an editor like VS Code. It’s easy to install and will make your coding life much easier :slight_smile:

Also, don’t worry if the challenges get hard because if you keep at it with perseverance you’ll be able to get through it.

Keep it up and good luck!

1 Like

@Malthouse, nice job! There are a few things you may want to revisit;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link. You have a typo in CSS (surveytext and submitsurvey classes) that affects how it looks on your page.
  • Use external CSS for styling instead of using internal CSS
  • in your text area, make it placeholder text instead of directly having text the user will have to delete
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • you need to make it responsive. It falls apart on smaller screens.

When you learn a little more you’ll find out about Font Awesome and be able to add a better emoticon to your button. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nicely done! maybe I would add a :unicorn:to the main title, also how about changing the hover state of the inputs from plain blue to something along your color palette :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I definitely tried to take a good stab at this! Also, great suggestions! Will be looking into VS code. I appreciate the feedback!

Thank you for taking a look! All of those are awesome suggestions! And yes, making my pages responsive has been a challenge for me so far, I don’t quite grasp it I suppose lol. Doing a lot of research about that lately so hopefully something clicks at some point!

Those are all things I overlooked! Thank you for your feedback! :smiley: