Feedback/help with my Tribute Page

Hey campers,

I just completed my first project, the Tribute Page. I’ve gotten it to where it looks okay on a PC, I think, however when going to look at it on a mobile device the list items and subsequent text runs out of the main div box element and I’ve yet to figure out how to fix it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, that’s a pain.

Try adding: display:inline-block; to your box class in your css.

Heyyyyy that worked! Thanks a lot, haha :slight_smile:

It looks great.

If you want your page to be more friendly when it comes to responsiveness I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Instead of having fixed widths you can replace them with the max-width. That way when you will resize your window, it will adapt.
  2. On your box I would suggest getting rid of the “display: inline-block;” and instead add a max-width of 930px (like in your .center2) with a margin: 0 auto, this will make it the same width as the footer and it will also keep it on the center of the page.
  3. If you changed all your widths to max-widths when you resize your window to a mobile you will see that all the text is contained in your box but it will have no spaces so you could also add a padding of 0 15px to your .center

This is what it will look like with the suggestions:

Hope you don’t mind my suggestions and hope they help :slight_smile:

Excellent suggestions, and I really appreciate it! I’ve dabbled in programming before and gave up because I was too prideful to ask for help. This time I’m going to make a serious go at it and leave my pride at the door.

Thanks a ton! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to help out.
Even the best of them need help.
I have a 3year experience in CSS and its preprocessors and every day at work I look on my friends Google and StackOverflow for help.
The thing with programming is that it is not always black and white, things that in theory work, might not work for you because of other things that interfere with it.
Some problems have different solutions and we all need help finding the best one for our case.

You will do great as long as you are persistent and look for help when you get stuck.
Keep up the good work and good luck :slight_smile:

Yeah, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Of all the internet groups I’ve ever been apart of, I’ve never found one as helpful, supportive, and troll-free as this one…

It’s a big subject. Ask questions. You’ll learn. You’ll forget a little and make some of the same mistakes but that just means you’ll learn better. Everyone here has been through the same thing. There is nothing that can confuse you that hasn’t confused many before.

Thanks to both of you for the kind and encouraging words. I can already tell that I’m going to love learning through FCC. I will try to give back to the community when I can with what knowledge I gain, as well!

Cheers!