Feedback on Coding BootCamp Form (Survey Form Project)

Hi guys,

Instead of creating a survey form for this project, I have designed a BootCamp information request form submission. Still passed all unit tests though.

Please let me know your thoughts. All feedback is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

URL:

https://camillacabto.github.io/BootcampWebForm/

1 Like

Hey @camillacab!

I think it looks good. The only suggestion I would make would be to change the cursor property to pointer for the submit button so people will know to click on it.

{cursor: pointer;}

Happy coding!

3 Likes

Your form looks good @camillacab. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the Submit button
2 Likes
  1. Hide the up-down arrows of age field.
    2.User should click label instead of the radio/checkbox buttons. You can do this by wrapping input inside label.
    3.Submit button should have a hover state. So, it looks like an active button and not a disabled button.

Suggestions - Why not add form validation to it. First try with built in validators of HTML and then use vanilla JS.

1 Like

Thanks @jwilkins.oboe! Great tip! Just implemented.

Hi @IAmRC1,

I have just added your suggestions to the project and will definitely use in all future forms I create.
Appreciate your suggestion, it would indeed be ideal to do so. I have added HTML validation based on the project requirements. Even tho I have done some JS form validation in the past and since usually I am not good with CSS and HTML, I am trying to focus on only these skills to build these simple projects.

Thanks a lot for your detailed comment, it made my form page much better.

:blush:

Glad to help. :grinning:

1 Like