Hello fellow campers,
I just completed my last project for the front end certification, the personal portfolio. Kindly have a look at it and provide your valuable feedback, so that I can improve upon my attempt.
PS: My website has this issue where the contents drift into the welcome section when the height of the page is shrunk. Tried using min-height property, which fixes this, but then the tests fail. Can you help me @RandellDawson? Is there any issue with the test case where it fails on detecting the min-height property?
Also, the CSS is a bit messy. My next task is to remove the repetitive CSS lines and reduce the size.
Your portfolio looks good @anicsekaran. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
body element in HTML. (No need to include the
body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- You have elements out of order
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Check that user’s have entered fields when clicking the submit button. Throw an error if not.
- You learned how to do this when you did the survey form.
Something to revisit as you grow your skills. You’ll notice that when the user clicks on a link in the navbar the section is partially hidden by the navbar.
Thank you so much for the feedback
My next thing to learn is code optimization and writing error free HTML and CSS. Would definitely improve upon it.
Also, I didnt think of the “required” attribute. Would add that as well. Thank you once again for your feedback