Feedback on my Charlie Munger's tribute page

Hello everyone,

I submit my Tribute Page here to your wisdom. If you have any suggestion, feel free to help me improve my coding skills. :slight_smile:

Hi XavierR1985,

Is better not use the style attribute:

<div style="width: 60%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

Because, you have multiple styles sources (That’s make the page more difficult to review.):

• The CSS tab
  • Every element on the html with the style attribute

MDN documentation:
style - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The style global attribute contains CSS styling declarations to be applied to the element. Note that it is recommended for styles to be defined in a separate file or files. This attribute and the <style> element have mainly the purpose of allowing for quick styling, for example for testing purposes.

---
  • This code is not correct:
<form action="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Munger">
 <button class= "btn btn-primary btn-sx" >Wikipedia</button>
</form>

MDN documentation:
<form>: The Form element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The HTML <form> element represents a document section that contains interactive controls
to submit information to a web server.

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your feedback. :slight_smile:

I corrected the first suggestion.
However, I don’t understand why the second code is not correct as we were supposed to create a link to the wikipedia page of the person’s page and it works on my side (I wanted to make it as a button).
That said, it may work by luck so if there’s a better practice that I missed, I am open for any suggestion. :slight_smile:

Because you are using a form element, but you are not sending anything to a web server.

• To create a link you can use an anchor:

<a>: The Anchor element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The HTML <a> element (or anchor element) creates a hyperlink to other web pages, files, locations within the same page, email addresses, or any other URL.

• And use css to make it look like a button

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help. :slight_smile:

I will make the changes accordingly but I am starting to think that I will revamp it instead.
I am relearning HTML and CSS in the process since I obviously missed some stuffs. :slight_smile: