Feedback on portfolio first commit, please

Hello,

I just pushed my portfolio’s first commit and I’d like to get some early feedback. What do you think? So far this would cover my MVP (minimal viable product), but I have been thinking in a few extras such as a Jekyll blog

https://sheilaanguiano.github.io/

Also, I’m a ESL (English as a Second Language) so, please let me know if my wording looks strange or have a misplace comma.

Thanks!

3 Likes

pretty neat. just make the footer social media buttons horizontal in mobile view.use media queries may be! anyway good job🙂

I like that a lot.
Very clean and tidy.
Good use of colour coordination.
Keep up the good work.
i would suggest making your links jump to the designated sections.

@MagitekEliteWitch
Okay, this is what I am noticing. This is my opinion on what you can do to improve the website.

1. The hover effect on the menu needs to be minimized. It is pushing other elements out of place such as the divider between the pink and white.
  2. I do not think the yellow stars are necessary. You will have to update them when you improve.
  3. In tablet size I see text overlapping and spilling out of the boxes. You may have to adjust your media queries.
  4. Make the two white skill boxes the same size?
    Keep on coding. You are doing a great job!

Thanks, when I tested on both Safari and Chrome the page didn’t have that behavior, but I noticed on my phone too.

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. Interesting, I didn’t notice that behavior on Mac or Iphone? where you using Android? Just to keep in mind cross browsing and device compatibility
  2. I’m using that as an incentive to visit and update regularly as that is algo good for SEO
  3. Boostrap card component is very convenient but has some strange behaviors, I might have to redo that part.

Thanks for the input!

@MagitekEliteWitch
I am viewing your page using Firefox and Chrome.
I did not know you are using Bootstrap. Bootstrap should automatically respond to the size of the screen.
It looks like you are missing the 3rd line of Bootstrap that comes right before the closing body tag.

`<script src="https://stackpath bootstrapcdn com/bootstrap/4.3.1/js/bootstrap.min.js" integrity="sha384-JjSmVgyd0p3pXB1rRibZUAYoIIy6OrQ6VrjIEaFf/nJGzIxFDsf4x0xIM+B07jRM" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>`