Feedback On Practice

I have been practicing my code, mostly just trying to commit most to memory, any feedback on it would be great. Any recommendations about how to add text to it and still make it look professional would be appreciated. It is for one of my favorite games.

My Pen:
https://codepen.io/grantrogers22/pen/gEQvrM

This isn’t really a project, just stuff I have been practicing.

Hi @grantrogers22, just a few things;

• with codepen, in the HTML section, it expects you to only put in those tags that you’d put between the <body> </body> tags. If you want to add things to the header click on the Settings button and do it there.
  • codepen provides a validator for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
  • in your HTML section you have a couple of minor things you can clean up. And since the center tag is obsolete I’ll mention that you don’t want to style within HTML since you have a stylesheet that you use.
  • CSS has some minor things you can clean up too. You have a couple of duplicates. One overrides the other…the word “Text” starts out red and then changes to black.
    Use your stylesheet to introduce spacing with either padding or margin. Don’t rely on <br> in your HTML

I don’t know the game but overall, looks cool.