This is my 2nd project - would appreciate feedback!
Also for the upload file document button I was only able to put a background around it:
Does anybody know how to actually edit the button itself like the submit button below it?
Try this, wrap the file input element with a label:
Then hide the input element using the [attribute selector]
After that do the styling using custom
border: 1px solid #00F;
/* and so on...*/
Remember that if you hide the element using
display: none , it won’t work in IE8 for example.
I believe that may work… let me know
I put it in and it works!
Your form looks good @tyui78. Some things to revisit;
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it, there are things to clean up.
- You may have to do it more than once after cleaning up the first warning. They may affect the way your page displays.
- The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C
- Make all of your styling external
- The required field ‘company name’ should not be validated as if it were an email address.
- Maybe make the submit button look like a button instead of a bar.
Good to know it helped.
Keep up the good work.!!!