Feedback on Technical Documentation Page (Responsive Web Design)

Uh… hi! First time posting here.

So, anyway, I had a bit of trouble getting this one to pass all the tests, mainly because I didn’t add enough ‘p’ or ‘code’ to the whole webpage, but I honestly don’t really mind. I just want to know what you guys think, if the css looks ok or if you’d do anything differently (ofc you would, but you know, optimization and stuff like that).

Here’s the link: https://codepen.io/guyinawe/pen/RwpqXZe

Have a good day, and uh, thanks for the great learning resources :slight_smile:

Looks Okayish to me. Can add a little css using a css framework or library. Overall, would say good job.

1 Like

I haven’t experimented with any library or framework just yet, wanted to get a good grip around the basics (mainly the box model and being to control how the content flows with css, which is a bit nightmarish at the start).

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Welcome to the forums @bruggemannbl. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 7/16 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • This </br> is not a valid HTML element.
  • In addition, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • You can nest those code snippets in an HTML element to preserve whitespace and line breaks. I’ll leave it to you to research that.
    Or there’s a property: value; pair you can use in CSS to preserve whitespace and line breaks. Again, I’ll leave it to you to research.

That’s okay, they haven’t been taught yet. It’s best to learn the basics first which is what you’re doing.

1 Like

Hi Roma!

Thanks a lot for the notes.

I fixed the html syntax issues, and I’m going to try work around the
with the suggestions you gave me… I understand now why it is such a problem. I just didn’t really think about it at first.

And I will try to understand the failing message better. Sorry I submitted it, I didn’t really want to but then it seemed like I couldn’t roll it back.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.