Feedback Please - My first web page ,Tribute Page on "John McCarthy"

2 Likes

It’s very nice for a first (or even 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) web page. I like the colors, the fonts used, and the image you chose. Very nice and quite fitting IMO.

You said this was a tribute page, so I guess our definitions of that may be a little different. For me, right now (as nice as it is) this looks like a information/statistics page, not an actual tribute page. When I think about a tribute page, I think of a page with various images, a section or two of career highlights, and examples of the work (paintings for painters, sculptures for sculptors, movie or TV clips for actors, etc). Just my personal opinion here, but adding the death of his mother seemed odd and out of place. That may have been more suited in an area about his family had there been one.

It’s a nice looking page, though. Great job!

**edit: Now, I get it (as I commented below). You were following FCC’s example, so it all makes sense now. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile: .

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Well done @abhilashchandan,

A nice touch on the static background image. I don’t even know how to that sort of stuff yet and I’ve actually completed my tribute page too.
The only thing I would change is the font for the quote - I think it is too different from others on the page and detracts from the great design you have created.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Whew! I’m glad I found this again. I wanted to say that now I understand why you designed your page as you did. As I mentioned before, I really liked your tribute page- especially the colors and the fixed background, but it didn’t seem like a typical “tribute” page to me. Now, I GET it! A couple of weeks ago, I saw FCC’s sample page, and I suddenly understood. Light bulb moment! :bulb: Regardless, you did a great job and you should be proud. :clap: Anyway, I just wanted to say that.

:slight_smile: thank you

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I also liked the static background. I thought it makes the page look neat. I also think the heading “John McCarthy Father of AI” was a nice touch. Overall good job. My main advice for improvement would be to simplify your text. It needs to be a tribute page but it looks like a long bullet list of factoids. People these days have short attention spans and prefer to take information in easy to digest chunks.

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile: .

I like it so far. I’m getting started on mine and looking for inspiration.