I’ve just finished the URL Shortener Microservice project.
I’m using MongoDB (MongoDB Atlas) as key/value store with mongoose.
I managed to implement some requested features.
But this project has no test script.
(I can pass this test without any code because the project test case is empty… )
I’m not sure if my code is correct, so please give me feedback or comments.
Especially, I still have not understood well about async / await / Promise.
Main source code
- project_3.js (Using Express)
- Get the url from request parameter
- Parse this url such as protocol, hostname, parameter…(using url.parse())
- Confirm the hostname is valid (using dns.resolve())
- Find the record already exists
- Create new record into MongoDB (via mangoose)
- Add sequence number with using mongoose-sequence
- Find the record via ID
- Redirect to the original url (res.redirect())