Feedback Requested - Survey Page

Happy Friday all, hope all of you are having a great day! If I can get a few minutes of your time to look over my Survey Form and provide any feedback or constructive criticism, I would very much appreciate it!

Feedback on the coding or the layout is welcomed. Thanks for taking the time to view my topic.

Well done Go ahead :clap:

Thank you for taking the time to view my project.

I think the form overall looks visually pleasing and is responsive.

Two criticisms I’d make are:

• I would avoid the red text on black background (do some searches on that and accessibility).
  • On larger screens the field labels being centered text floating off to the left of the input fields feels a little jarring visually (for me)

Great job!

Side Note: I haven’t played D&D in years and your form brought back some good memories
:sparkles: :mage: :sparkles:

1 Like

@robertgroves

I wasn’t aware of the accessibility issue with the color red, I assume it has to do with color blindness and I will definitely look into it further.

Yeah I still have the same feeling about the field labels but I’m not sure how I would fix the issue. I want to keep the layout similar with all of the checkboxes still vertically aligned. It would be easy to center it but it looks sloppy in my opinion. Any advice?

As far as D& D goes, I have never ACTUALLY played it but it intrigues me and I have listened to a lot of podcasts of it . I love to play RPG’s as well and a lot of the mechanics are based off of D& D. I’m glad that I could bring back those memories.

You should take a look at my second tribute page, I think you might like it! Skill wise its not that impressive but I still like it.

My suggestion for the form at large screen sizes is to make the text right-aligned using something like this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 900px){
      .question {
        text-align: right;
      }
      .question.feedback {
        text-align: center;
      }
    }

Also, that second tribute page looks great. I think you have an eye for design. I envy that.

@robertgroves

I definitely thought about using right aligned text but choose not to because I felt it clumped too much stuff up in the middle of the page. I don’t know that my current layout is that great but I wanted to try something different with this project (Grid & Layout). A more standard layout such as this might be better.

Hi,

Nice looking form and I can see where you were coming from with the red and black color scheme as that matches the theme of your form.

I do have a suggestion from a usability point of view to make your labels clickable instead of just the checkbox/radio buttons - there is some information on labels here from W3Schools.

Great work and look forward to seeing your next project :clap:

Congratulations
the format looks really good

@franciscomelov
Thank you for the feedback

@MazontheMoon
Thank you very much for the feedback. Sorry about the late response, life kinda got in the way. I went ahead and updated my form to be more accessible per your feedback. It was a very simple change but it makes the UI much better. I will remember to incorporate this into future pages.