Hi there! I’m Dante. I’m new in the community and I’ve just finished my first web design project: the tribute page challenge. I’d like to have feedback.
Text overflowing at small screen width
problem is with
position: absolute; at #text2
when you set position at absolute it gets out of the normal flow, you can read more about it.
Thank you! The code is very messy, actually. Could you show me a printscreen of the problem? I really don’t know hot to fix it haha.
Welcome to the forums @dantedemontenegro. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
- The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
- Your page passes 2/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- Do not use the
<br>element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
- If you want multiple paragraphs, use multiple paragraph elements. (Or maybe think about using an unordered list)
Thank you very much!
When you’ve gone through the issues update here and I’ll take another look.
Concentrate first on cleaning up your code and getting the user stories to pass. Then work on the design.
You’ll find it’s easier to style when things are set up correctly.
add padding to the container
Hey there, @Roma! I’ve fixed some issues. Still uncapable of positioning the image correctly like this: (edit: nvm, I’ve changed the image)
All issues were fixed. @Roma, this is the final version: https://dantemontenegro.github.io/Dante-Alighieri-Tribute-Page/
(The CodePen code was NOT fixed, just the GitHub repository)