Feedback wanted for possible carousel: Tribute Page - Freddie

Hi, there.

I built this tribute page and would like to include a carousel of Freddie’s images but Bootstrap page says it’s not “accessible” for all browsers and stuff.

So I would like to know if… you guys have any idea on how to do it and still be a responsive, device friendly page?

This is my tribute page: http://codepen.io/n4n3/pen/wzVxPm

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

The accessibility statement refers to things working for everyone - or as w3 puts it

The Web is fundamentally designed to work for all people, whatever their hardware, software, language, culture, location, or physical or mental ability.

The physical and mental bits are by far the most important things in that statement, all the rest is just compatibility IMO.

So what bootstrap docs is saying is there may be issues with things like screen readers for the visually impaired being able to read the content inside the carousel and such.

As far as compatibility goes, one of the main features of Bootstrap is compatibility. They’ve done most of the browser testing and fixes for you. So don’t worry, for this exercise its perfectly acceptable to use the carousel if you want to and it should work just fine.

At some point in your learning you will need to get familiar with accessibility standards but there’s loads of info on the web and every book I have seems to touch on it too.