Feeling a little lost

Quite the contrary ! this actually helps because even though Im still new on my JavaScript journey, once I had learned enough to have a pretty decent overview of the language, I felt a little walled in (if that makes sense). I felt that I was learning a programming language that was mostly there for creating event listeners, loops and conditionals for websites. As if Javascript was a pseudo “web building language”. This lack of understanding gave me anxiety and ultimately lead me to create this post :sweat:

I want to learn more alternative ways of using Javascript, like making little game engines and helping me make cool button animations and super minimal but complex web applications :thinking:. Since making this post and getting such great advise ive started working on this chatbot and learning new ways for me to look at and think about Javascript.

Now, with you introducing Node.JS into my realm of possibilities of what Javascript can do; I certainly feel more liberated in my understanding of JS as a programing language.

You’ve definitely helped me out a lot. Thanks so much for all the great information and food for thought :+1:

1 Like