File Metadata Microservice tests all fail

When I previously completed the File Metadata microservice, all the tests passed no matter what. Now, it seems as though all the tests fail no matter what.

Looking at my network activity, I see the request sending a file named “icon”. The response succeeds with 200 OK and the correct CORS headers, no error is thrown to the console, and the response of my app seems to be correct. My response schema looks like this:

    "name": "icon",
    "type": "image/png",
    "size": 2859

For reference, my project source can be found on GitHub. This project was buggy before so I’m inclined to assume that it’s buggy still, but I just want to double-check that I’m not missing anything in my own code.

Hello there,

Recently (and still partially on-going), all of the backend project boilerplates and their tests have been updated.

For some of them, this has been enough to cause previously passing tests to fail. Also, many backend projects did not have tests (some still do not), so this would be why passing no matter what was so easy.

One of the best things you can do, is go through the tests: freeCodeCamp/ at master · freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (

See if anything jumps out.

Also, not having the boilerplate code with the included tests is definitely going to cause your app to fail. So, potentially, you are going to need to re-clone the boilerplate and start again.

Hope this clarifies.

It did, thank you. None of the other microservice projects tested the frontend code, so I didn’t create a frontend for this one either. Once I added the required HTML, the tests proceeded normally.