Finding it hard

Ive been coding for 5 days now, i can only code for 30 minutes to an hour a day. Will i get better as time goes on or is this a sign that i should just quit while im ahead?

It takes many people years to get really good at coding. Struggling early on is totally normal!

1 Like

Hey! Welcome to the world of coding.

Struggling to concentrate on programming when you’re just starting out is actually pretty normal. As time passes by, it gets easier and easier to sit on your computer and study or work. So don’t worry about it too much because its more common than you think.

Since you’re asking this question i would just ask you to think about why you even want to learn to program. its a skill that gets better overtime but only if you really want to get better at it so No one can answer this question for you. All we can say is that if you keep at it, you will get better at programming.

Let us know if we can be of any help!

1 Like

So, just keep plugging away! Thanks

Coding is hard. Coding is really hard.

If you’ve only been coding for five days then I’d be more surprised if you weren’t finding it hard.

30 mins to 1 hour a day is in my opinion an good study session length for a beginner. Don’t be hard on yourself. :slight_smile:

Just make sure you’re taking regular screen breaks—especially if you start doing longer coding sessions. And do hand stretches to ward off carpal tunnel if you’ll be typing lots of code.

1 Like

I will keep those tips in mind, thank you. Also, thank you for the reassurance, i already suffer from imposter syndrom… cant imagine how much more of that im going to go through doing all this.

But this, coding, has got to be the best weapon i have. Its so different to be able to acknowledge my success when i figure out a problem or when i catch on to a new command really quick. Helps to give me a sense of pride.

Anywho, tl;dr thanks!

2 Likes

I have been coding for two months and have the same problems.Sometimes everything is clear, but most of the days I find some difficulties.Also I think that the hint button can be very harmful because you start doing it for every task and most of the learning are not practical when you`re not learning alone.

1 Like

Hint button is super useful.
There are not only solutions. There are actual hints.
And when you solved stuff - it is useful to see how it was solved by others. I learned from it like a bunch.

Hint button can be very harmful when it is not used properly.
But kitchen knife also can be very harmful when it is not used properly.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.