Finished my first web page, need some feedback please

Fixed my CORS problem. It was strange, with the CORS proxy string it worked locally and in the address bar, but when I linked from Facebook it didn’t work. I couldn’t get all three to work at the same time.

And I shouldn’t be using the proxy string anyway. The original plan was just to use it for local development. It didn’t even occur to me that there would be a CORS problem with a website loading its own file. (Still don’t understand that one - CORS drives me crazy.) After some googling and looking on SO, I tried some editing of the .htaccess file, but that didn’t do it. Finally wrote a php file I can call that will use a callback to read the correct file and return it. That seems to work fine. The code is:

<?php
$jsonp_callback = $_GET['jsonp_callback'];
$str = file_get_contents('http://www.rachelturgoose.com/img/gallery/gallery.json');
$json = json_decode($str, true);
echo $jsonp_callback . '('.json_encode($json).');';
?>

if anyone is curious. I’m still shaky on php so there may be an extra step in there. But it works fine now.

1 Like

I completely agree with cndragn. Great site but the neon colours are harsh and too hard to read and the background pics are too dark. Great pics, btw.

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll integrate some of them in an alternate page and see if she likes them. I’ve mainly been focused on the technical aspects. But now I need to worry about the aesthetic considerations.

And for the last time: I did not choose the colors! :wink:

Great work. Thanks for sharing pictures. All the best for future.