Finished my Landing-Page

Hei there,

i would appreciate some feedback to my landing-page:

https://codepen.io/Akloib/pen/OJVrvRx

I struggle to come up with content to fill in. I don’t think this is much of a problem for the landing-page, but for the tech-doc-page. How do you approach this?

Best wishes,
A

Hello, congratulations for finished Landing Page Project.

Your project looks good. A couple things I would suggest:

1. Viewport not a little bit below the section when I click each nav link
  2. Add responsive for video as well
  3. When I use zoom text only, some of section should display properly
1 Like

Your page looks good @Akloib. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML5 coding error you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens. The video falls out of the container.
  • You are using this scale: 1.05; incorrectly. See
1 Like

Hei @Roma, Hei @IndraSubagja,

thank you a lot for your feedback. I did implement your constructive thoughts.

Although, @IndraSubagja i am not sure what you meant with the zoom text only point. Not seeing enough of the whole picture, yet, to undestand ist correctly :slight_smile:

Hope you having a nice day!

bw,
A

Good job cleaning things up @Akloib. Two minor things to revisit;

• Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button. (you’ve done it with the continue buttons)
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    • You learned to do this when coding the survey form
1 Like

Thx @Roma,

i changed the courser property to pointer. I was confused. Because i didn’t do it for the continue buttons ^^
They had the property because those are a-tags and the submit button is an input-tag. Regardless, i changed it :slight_smile:

About the HTML5 validation error, do you mean that it should throw an error if i try to enter something else than a email?
Because that is working for me.

bw,
A

Or if it’s blank and the submit is clicked. There should be an HTML5 validation error thrown. You learned to do this when you did the survey form.

ahhhh, got you. did change it!

thx again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good job! (+20 characters)