Finished my Tribute Page! Any feedback would be appreciated

Hey @SevenRoot!

Congrats on finishing your first project.

One thing I noticed was that the list items for the biography seemed a little close together for me.

Maybe you could mess with the spacing a little bit by adjusting the margins.

Hope that helps!

Happy coding!

You are so right! Thank you for that. :slight_smile: :smiley:

Welcome to the forums @SevenRoot. Your page looks good. Something to revisit;

• Never use view port units for font sizes. The user should always be in control of the text size on the page (i.e. they should be able to manually increase the text size). Using view port units prevents them from doing this. Your job as a developer is to make sure your page is responsive to text size increases. If you don’t know how to manually increase the text size, using Firefox, go to the ‘View->Zoom’ menu and activate ‘Zoom Text Only’. Then while holding down the Ctrl key scroll your middle mouse button to increase the text size. Currently, the text size on your page will not change using this method because all of the font-sizes are defined with vw units. This means the only way I can increase the text size is to widen my browser window. What if I have really bad eyesight and can’t make my browser window wide enough?
1 Like

Roma,

Great points for a semi-newbie. That was a responsive shortcut I found online, but sometime short cuts get us lost on the back-roads.

Would you recommend media query as a more user friendly responsive design?

SevenRoot

You could use relative units like em or rem.

FCC has a good article talking about all of the different unit sizes.

1 Like

For small pages like these you don’t need to use a media query. Rather than hardcoding pixel values use percentages for widths and relative units for font sizes.

1 Like

Okay, I think I figured all of that out, and made the page more presentable too!

If either of you have a chance to glance at that again–well–that would be wonderful. :slight_smile:

Hey @SevenRoot!

I like the changes.

Just a couple of things.

When I resize the window the name is still pretty big. So maybe you could make the font a little bit smaller.

Also for the section headings it might look better to have them centered instead of to the left. Or you could remove the border and leave it to the left.

Good work though!

Your page looks good @SevenRoot. Good job cleaning things up.

I don’t normally comment on other’s designs unless it’s for something like font and background colors being so close it makes the page hard to read.
As you progress you may want to come back and revisit your pages to update the design. Or make another tribute (or any of the projects) page with a different design.

You’ve made a page that successfully passes the user stories, is responsive and looks good. That’s a big step in your coding journey.
Just remember, make the projects from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take the code from the sample project.
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects.

Happy coding!