I finally finished my Random Quote Machine
I lost some precious time with:
- finding an API, also because i didn’t realize i had some CORS issues…
- finding out about CORS (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS ).
- then i copie/pasted my code into codepen and it doesn’t run… so no codepen.
I learned something about:
- CORS (very little but i know it is a hassle )
- looping through json objects, because i used an API which is publically accessible and returns only 1 quote of the day. So i had to work around it, access the free categories, and alter my link… (workaround)
- toyed a bit with velocity.js
I reallly think freeCodeCamp should mention CORS and which API to use.
This costs so much time to find it all out by yourself.