First Certificate Project - Feedbacks

I am trying to get the certificate. I finished the first one. It’s not responsive yet, but I’m going to make it. Here’s the codepen link:

https://codepen.io/joshua-hasian/full/qBOYrEX

Here’s the live server link:

https://joshuapelealu.github.io/messi-tribute-page/

All feedbacks appreciated.

Hello, Your website isn’t responsive you should review it

Yes, I haven’t made it responsive yet. I’m going over it.

notice that:

main {
	padding-bottom: 100px;
	min-height: calc(100vh - 417px);
}

footer 

Note that in your CSS style element, class names start with a period.

Can you spot what is wrong here?

#born-info p

This is not how you combine a p and a id
also check this link out :slight_smile:

I am trying to select the <p> tag inside the <div> with the id of “born-info”

As you can see here

<div id="born-info" class="left-info">

<h1>The Day He Was Born</h1>

<p>Lionel Andrés Messi was born in the <br> <span class="importantInfo">24th of June, 1987</span>. He was born in <span class="importantInfo"> Rosario, Argentina</span> in a working-class family. His father was a factory steel worker, and his mother a cleaner</p>
 </div>
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
    • The warnings are things to consider and learn from. You don’t have to address them.

Thanks!! I forgot to run my code through the Validator. I usually do it, but I guess I’m human, I forgot stuff.
Thanks for the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks really good and professional.
I’d only say for the responsiveness, if you haven’t thought of it already, it might look better on smaller screens if the text would wrap under the image. It doesn’t look as nice with the image shrunken down and the text in a huge space next to it.
The nav buttons also are not working for me. I’m on Firefox so idk if that’s it or what.
Lastly, the color of the Wiki link is hard to read in that blue. Maybe make it a darker shade of the rest of your text or something.