First Full Stack App Feedback

I’ve come close to completing my first full Stack Web App with .Net Core, React and Redux.

It’s currently hosted at https://reactcore20181208112428.azurewebsites.net/

I still plan to improve the style and add a few features to the type-ahead component but I’d love to get some feedback.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Couldn’t register with phony details, and I’m not going to use my real ones. Got the following message:

SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at

System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, string response)

So, unfortunately, I couldn’t really explore your app.

On the register page, it seems as if you’ve got an element or two stuck up underneath the navbar.

It seems to be a problem with using google as via SMTP.

I’ve allowed the server access so hopefully it’s work now.

Was able to create an account.
Looks alright. Mobile responsiveness is good. I would say:

1. Add some simple usage instructions.
  2. On the home page, put a little more distance between the main text and the button(s)
  3. Some of the links in the ‘Authentication TPO’ navbar aren’t meaningful.

With a little bit of polishing, it will be a decent project for an entry-level portfolio.

1 Like

Thanks very much for having a look and giving some feedback.
So do you think if i add all of that and make another couple of projects like that it would be enough for a portfolio?

My experience is still limited, but your portfolio will always be changing as your existing skills improve and your overall skill set grows. Put what you’re most proud of on your portfolio now, and update it constantly. Eventually, your early projects will fall off of your portfolio, or get pushed to the bottom.

Good luck.