First Personal Portfolio - No Bootstrap

I’ve just finished doing a no bootstrap version of my personal portfolio too, and I’ll say it’s worth the effort to do it. You learn so much about responsive design, and I also have a better understanding how bootstrap work. I too been hearing a lot of negative things about bootstrap, so I’m on the fence on how much bootstrap I’m going to use in future personal projects. The one thing I did miss is not having to write col- and @media settings in my css/sass.

1 Like

Congratulation!! Good job!

Nice portfolio. I like your style.

What I would change is:

• increase padding-top and padding-bottom in every section so all sections would look more user friendly :slight_smile:
  • maybe add jquery to create some nice transitions i.e. when you click on the menu item - your page is not heavy so jQuery should not slow it down
  • it looks like you are using different fonts on the different browsers
  • textarea size is different on different browsers
  • I would improve form in general because it is not consistent on the different browser sizes. It is simple right now but I see you are able to do it so go go :slight_smile:

In general I like it and I see I could use some solutions in the future (I am beginner too :wink: )

Thank you for the positive/detailed feedback :slight_smile:

I was considering adding some javascript/jquery and fixing all the minor problems (like the textarea), but I knew I would eventually come back to this project after I’ve completed the front-end certification.

I wanted to dive into some javascript (which I’m currently banging my head on the wall on some of these algorithm challenges) then come back to fix/perfect my portfolio when I had a little more knowledge about customizing the front end.