First Project Completed - Tribute Page

Hello, I have finished with my first Responsive Web Design project on tribute page and my tribute is about Arsène Wenger. I hope you can check out the page and offer me any suggestions or feedback
Link to the page: https://codepen.io/mark_akom/full/wvGBaNG

Hey there, Mark. Nice tribute page you made. It was informative, yet concise. Granted, I know very little about soccer, but Mr. Wenger seems to be the Bill Belichick of the sport (minus the cheating). If you have the time, have a look at my tribute page and leave me some honest feedback as well. A Modest Tribute Page by a Modest Man

Hey Mark,

congrats on your project, you did a great job so far! :clap:

My ideas:

• you can increase the readability of your code by 1. clicking on the small arrow on the right side of the code box and 2. clicking Format HTML/CSS

• you can increase the overall readability of your page by adding some more spacing, e.g. around your h1 and the p below, so that the user knows about the most imporant stuff.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Welcome to the forums @mark.akom2019. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there’s a spelling error for one of your properties and a duplicate property value pair.
    • The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C

Thanks so much for your suggestions and I have tried to implement what you suggested. Do you mind taking a look to see if it is okay?

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. I have changed the link text, check it out if it is okay. I have also fixed the issues with my CSS. I have tried the W3C. The issues I get are with the DOCTYPE declaration and the missing head tag. But from what I know codepen doesn’t require you enter them, i don’t know if I am right. If not, please tell me what to do

1 Like

That looks good. I wanted you to be aware of accessibility.

Yes, that’s fine. When I recommend W3C to people I let them know that when copy/paste from codepen to ignore the first warning and first two errors.

That’s correct. Codepen provides the boilerplate for you.
If you ever want to see what codepen does for you, from the “editor view” click on the “export” button and then “export.zip”. The files you’ll want to look at are in the “dist” folder after you unzip.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for the help