First Tribute Project CSS

While working on this project, did you guys remember the CSS functions for formatting the tribute?

How do I know what to use (i.e. border, width, padding)?

Do we just mess around and see what works? Do we use a cheat sheet like CSS Cheat Sheet - Interactive, not a PDF | HTMLCheatSheet.com?

I am just confused as to how I would go about formatting the tribute on CSS. Thanks

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.131 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Anything that you don’t remember off the top of your head (probably most of it) or haven’t specifically learned yet, you look up. In terms of knowing which properties to adjust, it’s a combination of looking at how they work differently and just some trial and error.

I typically don’t use a dedicated “cheatsheet” for anything - I just look it up as needed.

Every coding course should be clear about this: nobody expects you to remember the name of the properties, methods, or else before having some years of experience. You should just be able to remember the overall syntax of the language, as well as what is technically possible to do. The rest will come with practice.

Plus, languages evolve. When I started to learn HTML and CSS, grid was not there yet. Now, I can’t live without it, and I’m constantly looking up how to properly use it on the Mozilla dev thingy. My search engine is never used more than when I code. Wether it’s front or back-end code. I look everything up.

At the end, you should check HTML and CSS tags, attributes and properties online regularly, to see if these are not deprecated, replaced by new ones, or what are their support on different browsers for example.

Before I started the FCC courses I had watched some great youtube tutorials from experts like net ninja. They have been a huge help to me and sometimes it’s nice to hear an expert talk and watch them demonstrate rather than just reading everything.

When trying to style the tribute, am I supposed to Google?

I.E., how to center objects, what font to use, background color, create boxes

The HTML is pretty simple. I am just completely lost on the styling aspect.

You will definitely need to do some additional research and look things up. Google is your friend.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.