w = set(w)
  N = N.append(w)
  i = i.append(w)
  o = o + 1
  return N
  if o == float('inf'):
   p = i.append(i)
   break
 k = N.index(float('inf')) is x in x.union(2 >= N) | all(i) in N(x.index(i) >= x.index(p))
 return k
 global X
 X = 0  
 while X <= 2:
  X = X + 1
  any(k) in X(p(k) is 0) or all(k) in X(p(k) is 1)
q=""
while True:
 i=11
 while i < 126:
   i= i + 1
   o = chr(i)
   p ()
   v = p()
   if v == 1:
    q = q + o
   elif v == 0:
    q = q
 if q == q + "":
  break
print (q)

The equations for this can be found on the first page of this article

Itā€™s kind of a mess, but i feel itā€™s worth my time.

So without further ado, why wonā€™t this code work?

can you explain what you want your code to do instead of giving an article to read?

I can but itā€™d take me a while

Why?

Here X is a number

Here you are using X as a function.

A number is not a function.

Between the terse variable names and the lack of comments, I am not sure what you want this code to do. Itā€™s really unreasonable to ask people to decipher a research paper and divine the intent of your code from that paper. I could, but I donā€™t have the time, and most people here donā€™t have advanced degrees in Math or CS.

1 Like

X is supposed to limit recursionā€¦

It canā€™t be both a single number and a recursive function.

2 Likes

What do you actually understand about programming? I think you may need to back way up and learn some basics. Python looks friendly, but you canā€™t quite write equations directly from a research paper and get it to run.

Youā€™re basically saying ā€˜Ok, letā€™s use a car instead of a motorcyle or an airplane. Can I also use the car as a boat?ā€™

A symbol can only be one type of thing. In this case, X could be a number OR a function OR an object, but not all three in the same scope.

X is a for loop

Youā€™d already pointed that out

I was wondering if you could point out all he problems on the program regardless of whether or not itā€™s programming related or set theory related

Iā€™m knowledgeable but Iā€™m spacyā€¦

Your code makes no sense. Your questions do not make sense. Based on the questions you are asking, you do not seem to know the difference between a variable, a function, and a loop. I donā€™t know what you are trying to do, and as we said before, Iā€™m not going to read the entire paper to try to figure out your code.

1 Like

The first two equations on the article are all that in using (for now)
I can do it alone
Just thought Iā€™d share
Iā€™ll wait

Youā€™ll wait for what?

Those ā€˜first two equationsā€™ donā€™t seem to actually correlate to your code.

First you complain about Python not being an exact representation of the equations involved, then you say the correlation isnā€™t good enough. Iā€™m through. Please stop spamming my page.

Here you have defined p as a function.

Here you have redefined p as an array holding a single set.

Here you have redefined w as as set containing itself.

Here you have said that you wish to loop over the length of N

But here you keep increasing the length of N

Here you have a return statement which will halt your function and prevent the rest of the code from running.

This seems to be saying that you intend to take the length of N out to infinity, which is not possible.

Why?

This is treating X as a number.

This is treating X as a function.

Here you have declared q as a string.

And here youā€™re making the character codes Vertical tab through Tilde? Why?

Why?

When wonā€™t a string be equal to itself with nothing added?

This is not a sensible representation of the two equations that are in your linked paper, even if you could actually just write equations straight from a paper as Python code.

So, you seem to lack fundamental knowledge about how to use Python and I recommend you learn the basics of how to write Python before you try to make programs to explore set theory.

There just isnā€™t a sensible way to represent an infinite set in Python, let alone test ā€œevery function pā€ against an infinite set in Python.

1 Like

Long story short I accidentally use multiple Instances of the same variable

Iā€™ll fix that and weā€™ll see how far we are

I mean actually not sure half of those are problems

Like I said I need to wait before I have proper explanations

Your problems are deeper.

1. You canā€™t represent infinite sets in Python

2. You canā€™t test an infinite set against all possible two valued functions in Python

3. You donā€™t seem to know how to use fundamental control structures in Python

Python just doesnā€™t work the way you are attempting to use it.

You could use Python to verify that a specific finite set meets the omniscience principle for a specific two valued function. But that is disregarded as a trivial case in Escardoā€™s paper (understandably so).

Actually for loops do the entire thing at once and when referenced infinity jump directly to the infinite recursion

No. For loops do not ā€˜do the entire thing at onceā€™. Loops repeat their entire body for every value in the control set

for i in range(10):
    print("i: " + str(i))

Infinite recursion is a separate thing. Infinite recursion leads to a stack overflow.

Python wonā€™t automatically sum infinite series for you, if thatā€™s what you are thinking of. You may get sympy to compute the sum of some infinite series.

Well letā€™s just say it were possible
How do I count the number of sets within sets for I

The returns I will do if needed

And x Iā€™m sure is sound

Ect

Understood that N is not a function either