Form Validation not passed

Tell us what’s happening:
Kindly help me with my code, it did not pass the test and no error prompt on browser when I try to test it with a wrong character in the input fields. I really don’t know what is wrong. Please help me.

Your code so far

<form action="" id="survey-form">
				<div class="name">

<label for="first-name" >First Name</label>
					<input type="text" id="name" placeholder="Please enter your first name" required><br>
					<label for="name" id="name-label">Last Name</label>
					<input type="text" id="last-name" placeholder="Please enter your last name" required><br><br>
				</div>
				<div class="emailandid">

<label for="email" id="email-label">E-mail</label>
					<input type="email" id="email" placeholder="Please enter your e-mail" required><br><br>
					<label for="identification" id="number">ID number</label>
					<input type="number" min="0" max="9" id="number" required><br><br>
				</div>
				<div class="select">

<select name="dropdown" id="dropdown">
						<option value="select one">select one</option>
						<option value="select two">select two</option>
						<option value="select two">select three</option>
					</select><br><br>
					<label for="name" type="radio">Gender</label><br><br>
					<input type="radio" name="gender" id="male" value="male" >
					<label for="male">Male</label><br><br>
					<input type="radio" name="gender" id="female" value="female" >
					<label for="female">female</label><br><br>
					<input type="radio" name="gender" id="male" value="male" >
					<label for="other">Other</label><br><br>

<label for="hobbies">Hobbies</label><br><br>
					<input type="checkbox" name="reading" id="reading" value="reading">
					<label for="reading">reading</label><br><br>
					<input type="checkbox" name="chating" id="chating" value="chating">
					<label for="chating">Chating</label><br><br>
					<input type="checkbox" name="coding" id="coding" value="coding">
					<label for="coding">Coding</label><br><br>
				</div>
				<textarea name="additionalComment" id="additionalComment" cols="30" rows="10">Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Molestiae ipsa accusantium nobis eius, sapiente excepturi dolorem beatae, dolorum, ipsum quia nisi minima. Eaque fugiat commodi ipsa recusandae excepturi nisi nobis!</textarea>
				<button id="submit">submit</button>
			</form>

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: <code>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36</code>.

**Challenge:** Build a Survey Form

**Link to the challenge:**
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-survey-form

Your number label and input have the same Id, which is incorrect. You should never have 2 elements with the same Id. Your labels should follow the User Story.

User Story #10: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id="name-label" , id="email-label" , and id="number-label" .

You’re also missing the placeholder for your number input.

User Story #11: For the name, email, and number input fields, I can see placeholder text that gives me a description or instructions for each field.

@fmdavids, ,eep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
  • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Someone’s already given you a leg up but there are additional user stories that are failing that you’ll want to correct.

Sincere appreciation, thank you very much for identifying this errors for me.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.