Freecodecamp Project: Technical Documentation Page

Hello, this is my next Responsive Web Design project https://codepen.io/indrasubagja/pen/LYNabYB. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right, especially when using pre tags (my html structure becomes messy when I try to display it correctly). If you have time, feel free to give me some feedback and suggestion. Thank you :slight_smile:

You forgot the link :wink:

lol. I’m sleepy :laughing:

Your page looks okay @IndraSubagja. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

When you run your HTML code through the validator one of the errors you’ll see is that you’re not using the pre element correctly.

Thanks @Roma. I’ve fixed some error. But ignoring some warning about heading in section and article since its contradicting freecodecamp’s requirement. Though, I don’t know which one is better.

It’s okay to choose to ignore those warnings. They’re there to help you with semantics.

It’s not a contradiction of FCC’s requirements though. It’s how you set up your page and that’s why the validator only flags it as a warning.
You can read more about semantics at this MDN docs page. Drilling down that page, here is an example of adding an article that contains a header.

1 Like