freeCodeCamp's new certificates - here's how we're rolling them out

Welcome, Joel.

To be honest, when I was job hunting, the name on the cert didn’t mean much. In fact, I would argue that the certs don’t carry very much weight at all. What really mattered was the projects I had done how well I could talk about them, and what skills I could actually demonstrate.

To that end, the new curriculum is better because it covers a broader range of skills with a little more depth than the early curriculum did.

5 Likes

sir I have earned the certificate of "Responsive Web Design " , does that mean that I have completed on Responsive Web Design ??

sir how to link my projects on github.

Will I be testing my projects? Will the testing be done automatically? How will I know whether the testing was successful?

the practice projects will be tested step by step, similar to current challenges but connected to each other

the final projects will be the same as now

1 Like

And how exactly do we get the certificates? I have finished my first 5 projects (Repsonsive Web Design) but the box at RWD certification is not checked.
Could someone please tell me if I have to do anything else to get the certifications?
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi @amelie.wolf !

Welcome to the forum!

You need to go to your account settings to claim your certificate. Before you can do so, you also need to agree to the Academy Honesty Pledge.

To make your certificate appear in your profile, you need to have your profile set to public.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick help!! I think it worked out now

1 Like

Thank you for your asking the question :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i had same problem today

1 Like

Awesome. I’m glad this thread has been helpful for you. Also, welcome to the forum. I think you’re going to find this to be a friendly place :slight_smile:

1 Like