Freelance job for a 13 years old?

I am 13 years old and i want a free lance job. Is it legal and how to get a freelance job ?

probably not legal, you would need to sign a contract, and usually the age in which you are allowed to do so is higher than 13. Plus, usually labour laws say that 13 is too young to work.

You could check if sites like fiverr allows. Marketplaces such as this have different regulations than a contract between two people.

Or you could see if you can sell, for example an app on the play store, or website themes. Selling is regulated differently, so that you may be able to do.

But first, how much experience do you have? What would you be able to offer?

1 Like

i am learning advance python and data structure . Do you think python is dedicate to write mobile app

I don’t think so, first, sites like fiverr require a credit card with your name to send the payment, maybe I’m wrong go to these sites and check for yourself, but that not means that you can’t do it. My advice is that you start to create things, when you have something to sell just ask your parents to sell your apps. Not sure if that is legal, anyway don’t stop learning or creating things.

1 Like

i am learning python advance and its algorithm. do you think i should continue learning it to make app or switching to another lang ?

don’t hurry, you have plenty time, probably I’m not the best to advice you, I learned all by myself with no career paths, my path was simple, I wanted to create things and I was learning what was required to do that things in that time. For example my first app was a Heal Calculator for a game that I was playing, so I learned some basic programming to achieve that, and then comes the Skill calculator, the forum for my game guild and other things mostly for game communities.

You should focus on that, make things that you need, or people you know need, or things that you think will be amazing to do. Programming is all about getting practice, don’t spend your time only on learning, create things, at the end that is what will give you the skills. About the langs I think the better is to learn all about that language first before switch to another one. The next ones will be easier.

1 Like

Hi @KhoiIntelligence !

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t think you should focus on freelancing just yet.

At the end of the day, freelancing is a business.

You have to be able to communicate effectively with clients.

Clients are looking for developers to solve their business problems.

Being able to turn their needs into working applications that will bring them more money is a skill.

So I just think you should continue to focus on learning and building .

And then in a few years, if you want to try freelancing then you will have a really strong technical skill and you will understand more on how to work with clients.

Hope that helps! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.