Frequently Asked Questions about the freeCodeCamp Beta

Even for something as small as a one word spelling error?

Someone has to fix it …

Last question about launch date was in November.
so, any hint if we are getting closer now? :slight_smile:
Thanks for your hard work and effort.

We’re always getting closer! I can assure you the team is working hard, and even with the few issues I’ve been a part of, I can tell the contributors are working hard at getting this out.

You can follow the progress here: https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/projects/1

I know it’s frustrating when it keeps being pushed back, but there are important problems that keep coming up that must be resolved. For example, take a look at these issues which just came up about the last week: [Beta] Unable to claim some certificates · Issue #16923 · freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp · GitHub and Beta: sign-in links do not expire after 15 minutes and are reusable · Issue #16912 · freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp · GitHub. Many issues can be resolved after we ship, but these and several others are critical and must be fixed before release. With all the new content being added, there are issues that are added alongside as well. In addition to the issues, other usability features are being added in as well.

4 Likes

So im new to all this. Just started working on the original FCC site yesterday. Then i read about beta and the introduction of the new FCC curriculum. Im confused about what i should do. Continue working on the regular site or switch to beta and just save all the projects for when beta goes live? Any suggestions

if i understand correctly. my progress on the FCC site will transfer but anything done on beta will be deleted and i will have to save and resubmit the projects?

That’s correct. You can just resubmit your project URLs.

1 Like

I can’t go into beta.freecodecamp.org/map to see my progress. It just redirect me to learn.freecodecamp.org.
How can I check what I did in beta again?

I am doing challenges in www.freecodecamp.org and also on beta.freecodecamp.org, so that I can fill the gap between, as I found the beta version have some new things.

Now, I don’t know which part I am in, can I check which part I finished in beta, and save my codes and project links
on beta for future use??

When I go to beta.freecodecamp.org, it show “You have completed 200 of 1929 lessons.” and a “Go to my next lesson” button, which when clicked it show something below:
NOT FOUND
You just hit a route that doesn’t exist… the sadness.
What’s wrong? I can still see the map last day…but not today.

By clicking “View the curriculum” you can see the map :slight_smile: I think there is no completed challenges anymore to avoid confusing, when switching to beta - the order is different. Or its temporary :smiley:

Hi Martin, when you click “go to my next lesson” what URL does it try to send you to?

https://learn.freecodecamp.org/apis-and-microservices/basic-node-and-express/introduction-to-the-basic-node-and-express-challenges

1 Like

And,

Show a 404
Ooops, we couldn’t find that page.
Which I used to be able to view it

1 Like

I am also experiencing the same issues.

when I click go to next lesson, it takes me to the last lesson I completed. I I complete that and get out of the beta site and try to go back in, I must repeat the same steps - and it takes me back to the same challenge I completed.

Same challenge for me also

I have completed all five projects in “Javascript Algorithms And Data Structures” and one in “Front End” but the “Main page” shows :

You have built 1 out of 30 projects
You have earned 0 out of 6 certifications

As I understand, one counted project is that from the “Front End” part. Where are five others from “Algorithms”? I also cannot see my solutions …

Are the certificates already available for those who finished projects in the beta.fcc?

Thanks for your great effort!

Thanks for this awesome resource. Just wanted to say the link to the Chai exercises goes to a url that doesn’t exist: https://learn.freecodecamp.org/information-security-and-quality-assurance/quality-assurance-and-testing-with-chai

To FCC,

there are too many replies in the “10 major freeCodeCamp improvements” thread so I will just post it here.

I want to thank all of you guys for this amazing work! you guys are doing great!!

I know the Beta version is now online and a lot of demanding users are complaining about those changes whatsoever. I feel sorry for them. for example, it is clearly said in the 10 improvments thread that the old corriculum is still under work and will be back soon, and so many people are just ignoring the notification and keep asking same question. your work deserve more respect.

anyway, I guess I just want to say thank you again for all you have done! keep it going! you guys are the best!

4 Likes