Frist day learning code ,ask for help

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!--h1,h2,p-->
<h1>Hello World</h1>
<!--h1-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--h2-->
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->
<!--h1,h2,p-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Uncomment HTML

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/uncomment-html

Welcome to the forum @Amber1

If you look at the output you might notice some extra text after the paragraph. Be sure to remove the end of the comment.

That being said, it seems the test is a bit quirky. If the last line is a comment, it will display an error message even if the elements are shown correctly. In other words this works:

<!-- h1 -->
<h1>...</h1>
<!-- h2 -->
<h2>...</h2>
<!-- p -->
<p>...</p>

But this does not:

<!-- h1 -->
<h1>...</h1>
<!-- h2 -->
<h2>...</h2>
<!-- p -->
<p>...</p>
<!-- end of code -->

Don’t know if this is intentional @camperextraordinaire (and sorry to bother you)

There shouldn’t be any comment tags in the answer to the test. The challenge is to remove all of the comment tags.

2 Likes

Thank you for such a quick and thorough response.

At first I thought the wording could have been improved, just like you mentioned, but it’s great you found a way to test both versions. And so fast :clap:.

I thought I was never gonna complete this element. It was complicated. The instructions should have been made clearer. :confused: