Front End Certification = Job Ready (?)

dongguan, in Gongguan province, dongguan is a less technical city unlike guangzhou or shenzhen where Tencent is located

Hi, I am from China as well. How did you find your first dev job?

I have the front end certificate and no is not enough to find a job, without my experiences in web I will never found a job.
Is not impossible but very difficult.

1 Like

hmmm i went to college and i saw pretty much all the algorithms that are in the FCC challenges as soon as i started my first semester O_O

1 Like

the front end certification is roughly the equivalent of what you would learn in a single (maybe two) computer science class

umm, sorry but thatā€™s just far too much of an understatement. I have a CS degree and can assure everyone that one or two CS classes donā€™t even barely impart the knowledge the FCC frontend cert impartsā€¦ In fact, I encountered web development not until my 6th semester in college and even then it was a small course load! While coding FCC projects, especially the advanced ones, I learned many core concepts of javascript like promises, callbacks, the asynchronous nature of setTimeout/setInterval and the havoc they can cause etc, that Iā€™m sure I would never have been able to learn in even in a semester of my degree, let alone one-two classesā€¦ This is mainly because a degree wonā€™t give you project ideas!

Coming to Data Structures and Algorithms, yes, this certification does not touch very sincerely on these subjects, but the thing is, DS/Algorithms are not much (not saying ā€œnot at allā€) important for a front end developer, so I guess itā€™s just logical to not include them here.

All in all, I definitely think this certification does a pretty decent job of making you job ready, at least as a front end engineer.

3 Likes