Galileo Tribute page feedback

Hi,

I just finished my tribute page to Galileo. It was hard to get this project started but once I started adding elements ideas started rolling in. I tried to keep it simple as I’m not at all an artist. I’m very happy with how it looks but please have a look and let me know what you think.

I would really like to hear feedback regarding the html and CSS in particular.

Thanks!

it looks brilliant!

I see you have empty divs (where you’ve put empty columns).

I think you can delete that and simply offset your columns with content by as many columns.

So if you have [empt col 2] [full col 3], simply offset the [full col 3] by 2 columns.

so <div class="col-sm-3 col-sm-offset 2".>

@timotheap

Thanks. This is the kind of response I was looking for.

I had a hard time getting the columns to center without the empty <div>s

I commented out the empy <div>s at the beginning and end of the row. Then I inserted the offset but itshifts the top section to the left.

I tried to use the offset-md-2 class but it doesn’t seem to be working.

<!-- <div class="col-xs-2">
    </div>-->

<div class="col-xs-8 offset-xs-2"><h1>Text<.h1>
    </div>

<!--<div class="col-xs-2">
    </div>-->

I found an example here and tried to follow it but it didn’t work.

I took the liberty of copy/pasting your work in a new pen.

I’ve just set the banner text-align: center; that works for the banner.

I;ve started fiddling around with the grid but I have to leave soon and I’d like to grab something to eat :wink: so see you later.

In the meantime it’s here

I just need to fiddle some more to see what’s going on with the size of the picture and the banner, and center everything, but at least you can see what I’ve changed at the beginning

Also there were a couple of tags that were wrong, that can mess up a lot.

I’m looking at this now. I’m at work so I may not be able to reply until tonight.

Thanks,

Ok. I see what you did there.

col-sm-offset-2

<div id="top" class=" banner google-font text-center col-sm-8 col-sm-offset-2">

I understand it now. I’ll incorporate this into my tribute pen.

It’s different from the example I found @https://v4-alpha.getbootstrap.com/layout/grid/

They use offset-md-3

This example @http://getbootstrap.com/css uses your format.

What is best place to find reference for bootstrap?

I’m guessing it depends on which version of Bootstrap you are using . In the case of Codepen.io they seem to use version 3.3. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help.

Ok. I removed all of the empty columns at the beginning and end of rows and inserted col-md-offset-2 to maintain the correct spacing.

Thanks again.

1 Like