General Question regarding Technical Documentation Project

Hello! Pardon my ignorance, but I’m confused as to what to write for my Technical Documentation Project. I like to put my own creative content into my projects instead of just copy/pasta the text from the example and then structuring and styling from there. But what exactly is a Technical Documentation? Does it have to pertain to programming languages, or some sort of product? Can it be about anything that has a technical aspect to it? I’d like to write about something I’m knowledgeable in (pretty short list, if I’m being honest) so that it has more of a personal feel for me.

I’ve looked at some other examples in the forums and they all seem to be about some programming language or another. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

I’m in the same boat as you. I actually found your post because I was searching the forums for other people with the same issue.

Here’s what I did/am doing: I read the wikipedia pages for technical documentation and the one for software documentation. So now I at least get why this is the topic - it’s something we’re going to be reeeeeal familiar with down the road.

What I’ve decided to do is write one for Javascript since that’s the next thing I’ll be learning. I figure it’ll offer a good overview crash-course for me.

3 Likes

Yes, I decided to just copy/paste for the content but I also read through it all as I went along. I already took a course on JS on Khan Academy so it was a nice refresher and segway into FCC’s course. I figure its all about the styling anyway, so no big deal.

Anyway, good luck and happy coding!