Get Smart - Super secret code mission help!

Tell us what’s happening:
Comment out your h1 element and your p element, but not your h2 element. What I submitted below . . .

:heavy_check_mark:<h1>Comment out</h1> with open <!— & close —>
:heavy_check_mark:<h2>is not commented out</h2>
X <p>p element should be commented out</p>
X each of your comments should be closed —>
:heavy_check_mark:You should not change the order of h1, h2 or p in the code

Your code so far

<!-—
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-—>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!—
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-—>

Thanks for your help.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_4_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, remember to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.

markdown_Forums.gif

Hi ArmoredSaint, welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are using long dashes (called em-dashes, I think) instead of normal dashes in some of your comment tags. For example, look at the second dash of the opening tag and how it’s longer than the first.

<!-—
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-—>

Those long dashes are the problem. I’m not sure what caused this. Are you typing directly into the code editor or copying the code from somewhere else?

I have a hunch that you are using an Apple device and that you have “smart punctuation” turned on. It is converting your dashes to m-dashes. You can turn “smart punctuation” off in your settings.