Git Merge Definitive Guide - Fix Issues

I was looking through the relatively new Git Merge - Definitive Guide, hoping to recommend it to some of my co-workers to get a bit deeper in their understanding of merge.

I’ve come across a few bugs, but am struggling to determine where to submit them. I couldn’t find this article in the git repo, is there some other CMS system for the /news path? Is it possible to submit issues there?

The first things I’ve seen in the “Hands On” section:

• the graphic showing the result of the default FF merge doesn’t show main pointing to the new commit (I think it is the wrong image).
  • There are some mis-uses of new_branch instead of new_feature.
  • When undoing the last commit, the command should read git reset --hard HEAD~1, but one of the second dash is a 0x96 “En Dash” while the first is the normal 0x2D “minus”. This causes an error if the user copy-pastes this code snippet.
  • The graphic for “The history after using git reset --hard HEAD~1” matches the caption, however, immediately before that it indicates it should be looking at the new_feature branch, so if that is the case, the HEAD should be pointing there.

You can use the issues on the repo. When you create a new issue there is an option “Issues - Content in our Articles and other Documentation” you can use.

Please link to the article as well.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.