Give feedback to Tribute Page

Hey everyone.

I’ve just finished my first FCC project (the Tribute Page), and I will be grateful if you share your thoughts with me.

Link to my project is here:

Hi Bianca,

Most important, congrats on finishing your first project! You’re on the right track.

Now, my feedback is the following:

1. The combination of black background and yellow line stripes is hurtful to the eye. Try choosing a color palette and stick to that

2. The quote looks too small. Try increasing its font size a bit.

3. The footer looks just like the body, try to make it more distinctive so you realize it’s a footer

4. coded by <a id="bee" href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/erudite885" target="_blank">Bianca Uche.</a>
    The id bee seems to be not used anywhere else in your code. You might want to remove it.

Looking forward to seeing your next project!

@Tynael
Thank you for taking out time to look at my project and giving a feedback.
I sincerely appreciate it.

Your page looks good @Erudite885. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • You can get rid of the closing body and html tags
    • You don’t need to link the stylesheet in codepen. It does that for you.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • In addition to being used incorrectly, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • here” is not accessible
  • User’s are not seeing your page the way you want them to. You have two fonts that you call but you neither link (head in HTML) or @import (CSS) them.

A design suggestion. You can choose to ignore it if you want.
Since the list items are boxed maybe get rid of the bullet points.

@Roma
Thank you so much for taking out time to look at my project.

I have revisited all the points you mentioned, and I have fixed them.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.