Give me your feedback please FCC: Tribute Page

Thank you :blush: I’m glad I can help.
It looks very good now.

1 Like

This confused me until I remembered he was using Bootstrap 4. Thank you @lasjorg

@OmarDulaimi This page about Bootstrap Utilities may be helpful in the future: Bootstrap 4 Utilities

1 Like

@KoniKodes First I was actually going to just post some CSS, but then i realize that would be the wrong thing to do when using bootstrap, so i had to look at the documentation.

@OmarDulaimi Many beginners get the impression that using bootstrap is easy, it’s really not that easy. The bootstrap documentation can be overwhelming.

Personally, 85% of the time it would take me longer to find the right combination of classes to use then writing the CSS myself would take (because i don’t really know, or use bootstrap). Sure it can make things easier when you are just starting out, but it comes at the price of spending a long time looking at the documentation. The real power of bootstrap is in rapid development by people that know it well and the uniform/cohesive look it gives to a site (admittedly at times a bit boring look as well). I’m not saying it isn’t helpful to beginners, it obviously is, but you shouldn’t underestimate the time it can take to learn and use effectively.

Anyway, good job on the page.

2 Likes

I think Bootstrap 3 was a little easier to learn but Bootstrap 4 seems more powerful.

Like most tools that may be used frequently, it’s definitely worth the effort to learn.

1 Like

I agree on what you’ve mentioned above, clearly it can get tough and boring switching between all of these documentation pages.
In the beginning I was trying to use Grid Layout but I failed miserably and got forced to switch to Bootstrap. I’m still very weak on layouts.
Thanks for your words and time, it’s really great having feedback from more experienced people.

I glanced at them when I was digging around but now they seem like a great help :blush:

I’m really loving this place, it’s great to learn here indeed

In my case, it is sometimes just about being patient enough to actually read the documentation.

And sometimes we need to see it in action - like how @lasjorg showed us.

1 Like

It is a great platform, and an awesome community.

I’m looking forward to seeing your creations.

Happy Coding!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help and motivation
I’ll make sure to post about the rest of the projects once finished

Great! I can’t wait to see them.

I really liked your tribute page :slight_smile:

It looks really nice!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi, nice work, I wonder how you could make the info box table be vertical instead of horizontal? Do you use flexbox column on the div container which has the table?

Here’s a couple things.

The reference to the pic should be italicised and a smaller font size. think of how Word does it.

i would create more distance between the topic and information in your subject info square. CSS grid would be perfect here.

your awards section has the differenet lines to close together. adjust line height to 1.5 to space them out.

i would also adjust the saturation for you red color. it’s to bright IMO. I would also use the adjusted color for all of your headings so they match.

1 Like