Glitches in steps 49, 60, 66

In the course: " Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers" part of the Responsive Web Development program, it asks to “…change the background-color property to background”, but after doing so the code is still deemed incorrect.

I watched a video on YouTube of someone going through it the same way I did (simply removing the word “color” and the “-”) and it worked; however, that was on the previous version (Legacy Responsive Web Design).

I figured it might just be a glitch or something but feel free to correct me if I’ve been mistaken. Below is my code as of step 49 (only the corresponding coding area for the step).

The response I receive is: " Your .red CSS rule should have a background property with the value rgb(255, 0, 0) ."

If anyone could offer some insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

**Your code so far**

.red {
background: rgb(255, 0, 0);
}

you can’t remove color

Hi @ Nuru, and welcome to the forum!

Are you, by any chance, using Safari?

If so, could you try a different browser?
Safari seems to be causing this kind of problem with a few of the challenges.

Just for future reference - when you want to post a question in the forum, you can do that by clicking the Ask for Help button located on the challenge.
That will create a new topic with all your code and it also includes a link to the challenge.
You’ll still be able to ask your question in the post before submitting it to the forum.

1 Like

Hello @KittyMac ,

Thanks you for your response! I was indeed using Safari, butI tried again on Chrome and the code passed! Thank you for your assistance with my problem and helping me better understand where to post my questions in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.