GoGreen Survey Form

Have created a project before and wondered “Well that’s done, how good is it?”? Then you totally get me. This Survey Form is my second ever responsive work done and I would greatly appreciate any feedback (including constructive criticisms :blush:)

CodePen Link

Also this project was built solely on HTML and CSS

Hello @Babi , nice work on your survey form. It looks good.

A number of issues to note.

• On my end, your form passes 10/17 of the tests. It fails on tests 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 and 16.
  • The form also has a number of syntax errors you should address. Run your code through the W3C Validator to identify and address these errors.

All the best!

Your form looks good @Babi. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 4/17 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Hello @dewslyse, thank you for taking the time to review my work😊

I ran my codes through the HTML and CSS validators as you suggested
HTML validation:

CSS validation:

Also, I reviewed my user stories guide.

Hello @Roma ! Thank you for reviewing my work. :blush:

I worked on the code following your suggests:

• Removed all br tags
  • Used the W3C validator
  • Reviewed my user guide

Here are the screenshots
HTML validation:

CSS validation:

However, I’m not clear on this point you made " User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox"

Thanks

@Babi, as I mentioned, Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

Since you’ve cleaned up the errors this issue is moot. But to explain, you have a radio button with the label “Female”, another radio button with the label “Male”, etc. User’s should be able to click on “Female” or “Male”, etc to toggle the selection, not just the radio button. The same holds true for checkboxes.

Hope that helps.

Since you’ve cleaned up the errors this issue is moot. But to explain, you have a radio button with the label “Female”, another radio button with the label “Male”, etc. User’s should be able to click on “Female” or “Male”, etc to toggle the selection, not just the radio button. The same holds true for checkboxes.

Ok, thank you @Roma

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.