Gonzales Tribute Page Feedback

Tell us what’s happening:
Please Give me a feedback on my tribute page
Your code so far

https://codepen.io/Khalfish/pen/wvoYYEQ

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.82 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Hi @Khalfish !

My main feedback would be to work on responsiveness.
It currently doesn’t work well for smaller devices.

1 Like

Hi Khalfish, your page looks excellent. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Change the font to something other than the default font. If you’d like, you can import a font from google fonts.

2. Responsive web design is about making web pages that are easy to use for all users and on all devices. Add some media queries to make your website look better on mobile devices. On a laptop or desktop, it looks amazing, but it becomes squished on mobile devices. I would recommend using a media query to change the width of the content to 90 or 95 percent for smaller screens.

1 Like

Thanks for detailed feedback

1 Like

You are right about responsveness. Will work on that

Your page looks good @Khalfish. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Also, to help with readability of your code click on the chevron in the upper right of the editor and click on “format” from the dropdown.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.