Got a job at Stack Overflow

Hi All,

Quincy mentioned to update my career status here when I told him about my recent transition. But better late than never.

I recently accepted a position at Stack Overflow back in December of 2018. It’s been a very surreal 8 months so far. I feel that if I hadn’t taken the initiative to go through freecodecamp’s curriculum, it would’ve been a tough time for me looking for jobs. Part of the knowledge I learned from here definitely translated over to the interviews and work I did.

I now work as a Site Reliability Engineer making sure SO is stable and code is reliably deployed on time. Part of the perks of working here are the people. I have nothing but good things to say about my co workers and a lot of them I admire. I’m happy where I am at now and I enjoy a mixture between writing code and working on the operations side as well.

Thanks to FCC and the community on making learning enjoyable. For those that are just getting started, the light at the end of the tunnel is there and it’s shining brightly. So don’t give up and always be determined on your goals.

Much love,
Peter

8 Likes

Congratulations and thanks for the update!

1 Like